APPENDIX F - DOWNLOADING THE NATIONAL FILES
This is a self-extracting "archive" file which contains the following
eleven files, each of which will then be extracted from NATIONAL.EXE when the
program is run.
- NATIONAL.TXT the player details file
- NATIONAL.CLB the club details file
- ALTERNAT.TXT alternate member' details
- CLUBS.TXT affiliated clubs details
- HISTORY.TXT - contains the awards and the associated code names.
- EVENT_NAMES.TXT - real names of the events, linked to the codes in awards.txt.
- PRE82.TXT - details of player December 1981 red point totals, part of which
can be treated as gold. For further details, see the footnotes in section
To install these files you should do as follows:
- Create a folder on your C drive, titled ABF
- Download NATIONAL.EXE to this folder.
- Click onto <Start>, then <Run>, and then <Browse>.
- Locate and click on NATIONAL.EXE and then on <OK>.
After the files have been extracted you should check the dates of the .txt
and .ndx files to ensure that you have the latest versions.
The format of each of the above files, and their CSV (comma separated values)
alternatives, can be viewed at the Developer's Page portion of the Materpoint
NOTE: NAT4WIN.EXE can be downloaded separately from the website